Exposure to outdoor elements, primarily ultraviolet (UV) irradiation and oxidative stress is the main cause for photoaging. Photoaged skin shows a variety of age-associated clinical alterations, including deep wrinkles, discoloration, and irregular pigmentation. Recently, it has been revealed that reactive oxygen species (ROS) produced excessively in the cells are involved in the process of skin aging caused by UV exposure. The reactive oxygen species (ROS) accumulate over time are a main contributor to the aging process. UV-irradiation, especially UVA and UVB results in the production of ROS.
Vitamin C neutralizes the damaging effects of ROS, reduces the harmful effects caused by free radicals and regulates collagen production.
Other vital roles played by vitamin C are:
- Reduction of harmful effects caused by free radicals
- Regulation of collagen production
- Decreasing sunburn caused by UVB radiation exposure
- The color in our skin is produced by melanin; greater melanin production means darker skin. Glutathione inhibits the production of melanin. On top of this, Glutathione speeds up cell turnover, replacing the damaged cells that give a dark appearance to the skin with new cells.
Glutathione is a substance in the body made from three amino acids, namely, glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid. This is known to be a detoxifying agent as well as an antioxidant.
Other functions of Glutathione in the body include the following:
- Release of the free radicals and other toxic substances in the body
- Essential for cellular health and tissue repair
- Skin rejuvenation
- Regenerates the liver cells from the damages due to alcohol and fatty food intake
- Improving the immune system
- Reduction of the production of melanin (substance responsible for pigmentation)
Together, Glutathione and Vitamin C partners to aid the body in maintaining antioxidants. They help the body in getting rid of the harmful effects caused by toxic hydrogen peroxide and free radicals. They both decrease the production of melanin, in combination, they are considered to be one of the most effective skin whitening products.
After the intravenous infusion therapy, patients usually get a much younger looking and fairer skin with an amazing glow. Effects of skin whitening depend on how much pigmentation is there on the skin.
Serenity Holistic Medical Clinic in Swieqi is pleased to introduce UNIQUE FORMULAS of INTRAVENOUS WELLNESS DRIPS in Malta!
Our INTRAVENOUS WELLNESS DRIPS have been specially designed and created to provide your body with the vitamins, nutrients, fluids, electrolytes, minerals and anti-oxidants that you need to feel your best self.
IV THERAPY is administered directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system and providing increased cell absorption and ultimate vitamin bioavailability.
IV DRIPS work to replenish your hydration levels, restore your vitamin and nutrient balance, refresh your cosmetic appearance and make you feel healthier, stronger and revitalized.